Discover the most profitable marketplace to buy or sell used stuff
We are always looking for talented, motivated and like-minded colleagues. If you don’t see a job for you here but think you have skills we need, feel free to forward us your information. We always like making new friends!
eBay Seller Expert
Are you an online marketplace reseller geek? Do you love buying and selling used items? We are looking for you!
SellHound is a rapidly growing, seed-stage startup working on the next big thing in re-commerce based in beautiful, downtown Santa Cruz. We’re looking for eBay selling experts with strong communication skills to help build our R&D testing ground.
This is a key role suited to experienced marketplace sellers looking to work with a small dynamic team to help develop a new online platform. This position requires strong writing skills, a self-starting attitude and a passion to help make the world a better place. Full and part-time, local and remote positions available.
- eBay seller with at least 50 positive feedbacks as a Seller and at least a 95% feedback rating or better. (Top Rated Seller preferred)
- Experience selling on multiple online marketplaces like eBay, Poshmark, Depop, Mercari or Etsy a strong plus.
- Experience selling in a wide variety of second-hand consumer categories.
- Experience pricing eBay items based on research tools like Terapeak or Worthpoint.
- Strong understanding of eBay selling policies and procedures
- Familiar with the importance of keywords in titles and descriptions
- Knowledgeable about eBay search optimization and Google SEO
- Fast accurate data entry skills
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and written English language skills
- Packing and shipping knowledge
- Ability to write a description based on photos of products quickly and accurately
- Knowledge of American pop culture helpful
- Flexible and able to thrive in the ever-changing environment of a start-up
- Responsible, dependable and willing to work under deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and a sense of humor!
Please respond to jobs@SellHound.com with a resume and your eBay seller’s account ID. Please note: you will not be selling items under your own user ID. We look forward to hearing from you!
SellHound is a rapidly growing, seed-stage startup working on the next big thing in re-commerce based in beautiful, downtown Santa Cruz. We’re looking for the right engineer to help build our R&D testing ground, someone interested in building products and systems from the very early stages and a collaborative self-starter who values a high-functioning, team-oriented environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using object-oriented analysis and design to turn pre-agreed development tasks and requirements into scalable architecture.
- Use-case writing for functional requirements
- Iteration planning
- Documentation of certain key areas of the system
- Coding this architecture to pre-agreed standards.
- Running regular code reviews with junior developers
- Tracking & updating status during iterations
- Report on progress in a weekly tech-team meeting.
- Facilitate scrums
- Manage release process
- Lead maintenance of live release
- Testing the completed code.
- Ensure code test coverage meets agreed levels
- Working with the accessibility and QA consultants to launch new releases and updates to project stakeholders
- 3+ years of professional web development experience.
- Mastery of HTML5 / CSS3
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Principles and Design Patterns
- Demonstrable experience with MVC or MVVM
- Highly competent experience with either PHP or Node.js
- Excellent understanding and experience in either Angular.js, Vue.js or React
- Advanced experience in relational database development (MySQL / Postgres)
- Advanced experience in writing SQL queries
- Strong understanding of REDIS or similar key/value store for caching
- Experience using NoSQL data stores (ElasticSearch or similar)
- Excellent understanding of GIT and GIT management processes
- Ability to collaborate with designers and developers to deliver exceptional, polished products.
- Good interpersonal skills and a sense of humor!
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Mechanical Turk and eBay API a plus
- Experience with web scraping a plus
- Continuous Integration Experience
- Experience with queuing systems (Beanstalkd or similar)
- Some Dev Ops experience with Linux
- Ability to build websites with WordPress a plus.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please reply to jobs@SellHound.com
Front End Engineer — Contract position
SellHound is a rapidly growing, seed-stage startup working on the next big thing in re-commerce based in beautiful, downtown Santa Cruz. We’re actively seeking to contract a Front End Engineer to start a 20 hrs/ week, but have other opportunities to fill out to 40 hr/wk, if the right fit. This position will increase hours per week in the near future with the potential to develop into a permanent job.
Our hours are flexible with the option to work from home, our team is highly accomplished and professional, and we are working hard to address the tough challenge of too much stuff going into landfills. If you’re interested in changing the way the world shops, and being part of team that is creating the next Silicon Valley unicorn, send us your resume.
We are looking for a Front-End Engineer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Skills and Qualifications
- Full understanding of the build and deployment process for front-end development.
- Experience developing various UI/UX models on the front-end.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience unless otherwise up to speed on React.js (preferable), Vue.js (preferable) or Angular.js
- Strong experience with either Bootstrap 4,3 or Foundation.
– Open to potential experience in different frameworks like Tailwind, etc
- Expertise in responsive development practices.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt new front-end modalities.
- Ability to quickly implement new packages modularly.
- Debugging skills and problem solving.
- An understanding of how to optimize the rendering cycle and analyze for optimization.
- JSON Object Notation
- A good eye for layout and design elements.
- A passion for your craft and a love for UX.
Nice to have:
- Front-end Design
- – If you’ve got some design chops and know how to use Sketch or alike that’s a huge plus (not required)
- GraphQL Experience
- Some backend experience (doesn’t really matter what language)
- Some database experience
If you’re interested in applying to the position, please reply to jobs@SellHound.com.