SENIOR MACHINE LEARNING ENGINEER – DATA SCIENTIST
Santa Cruz, CA
SellHound Inc. (www.sellhound.com)
At SellHound, we’re on a mission to get the most out of everything we create. We’ve developed technology that breaks down the barriers that keep people from getting rid of their unwanted items in responsible, sustainable and profitable ways.
SellHound is a fast-growing, innovative company with a fun and collabrative culture. We’re based in downtown Santa Cruz, moments from the ocean and within walking distance to 10 amazing coffee spots.
We have the most comprehensive search engine of secondhand market places, where users instantly find the same item across 12 marketplaces. Our flagship product is our application that lets people list their secondhand goods on any marketplace. After only snapping a few photos of an item, SellHound creates a highly optimized listing and products sold through SellHound are consistently sold at a higher price than listings made manually,
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will help develop the products listed above, with a primary focus on scaling of our internal AI and automation efforts. You will be working primarily on customer-facing computer vision tools for image understanding, working with one of the richest databases of object photographs and also leveraging external services. You will be self-directed and can take ownership of the infrastructure of our company while also being curious, collaborative, and possessing good communication skills.
- Collaborate with the engineering team on existing AI roadmap
- Lead data collection and train & evaluate models
- Deploy production-ready models for our applications
- Research and evaluate external services in comparison to in-house capabilities
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ Years experience building computer vision systems.
- Experience managing data for machine learning (data labeling, crowdsourcing, etc)
- Proficient in Python and (ideally) Jupyter notebooks
- Strong software engineering skills
Benefits and Perks
- Office located in Santa Cruz
- Remote work flexible
- Work with a dedicated, mission-driven team
- Work on tech that’s good for the planet
EBAY SELLER EXPERT
Are you an online marketplace reseller geek? Do you love buying and selling USED items? We are looking for you!
We are a rapidly growing, seed-stage startup working on the next big thing in re-commerce based in California. We’re looking for remote eBay selling experts with strong communication skills.
This is a key role suited to experienced marketplace sellers looking to work with a small dynamic team to help develop a new online platform. This position requires strong writing skills, a self-starting attitude, and a passion to help make the world a better place.
Full-time, part-time, local and remote positions available. Must be available to work weekends.
Skills and Qualifications
- eBay seller with at least 50 positive feedbacks as a Seller (Top Rated Seller preferred)
- Experience selling on multiple online marketplaces like eBay, Poshmark, Depop, Mercari or Etsy a strong plus
- Experience selling in fashion specific categories, including shoes
- Experience pricing eBay items with research tools like Terapeak or Worthpoint
- Strong understanding of eBay selling policies and procedures
- Familiar with the importance of keywords in titles and descriptions
- Knowledgeable about eBay search optimization and Google SEO
- Fast accurate data entry skills
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and written English language skills
- Packing and shipping knowledge
- Ability to write a description based on photos of products quickly and accurately
- Knowledge of American pop culture helpful
- Flexible and able to thrive in the ever-changing environment of a start-up
- Responsible, dependable and willing to work under deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills and a sense of humor!
Please respond with a resume and your eBay seller’s account ID to Jobs@sellhound.com.
You will not be considered without submitting both of these items.
You will not be selling items under your own user ID.
We look forward to hearing from you!